Whether Back-End, Front-End, Full-Stack, Dev-Ops, or Mobile, a big part of what makes being a member of the engineering team at MojoTech so rewarding is the challenge. The job starts hard, and only gets harder. If you believe in constant improvement, and want to join a team that helps each other achieve that goal, please continue reading.
As a QA Engineer, you will track the software development process of multiple client projects from start to finish. Collaborating with software developers, product managers, and designers, you will ensure high quality and reliable software for our clients by discovering defects, confirming fixes, and relaying issues back to the development team.
Employees may choose to work remotely, in one of our offices, or a mix of the two at their preference.
Skills & Requirements
The people we’re looking for should be able to check off all of these:
- 3+ years professional experience developing and/or performing tests for web and/or mobile applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Understanding of version control (git) and code documentation
- A strong desire to improve yourself and those around you
- Ability to precisely interpret acceptance criteria and software specifications
- Ability to intuit realistic user behavior (and misbehavior) in order to creatively exercise software
- Ability to clearly communicate about software defects, including steps to reproduce
And they should also be able to check off some of these:
- Familiarity with databases and using them as part of the QA/debugging process
- Familiarity with testing in multiple operating systems (Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS), devices (Android and Apple smartphones and tablets), and browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc).
- Experience working in an agency, as a software consultant, or tailoring solutions to match client requirements and capability
- Understanding of agile development processes
- Experience automating tedious testing tasks
Working at MojoTech
MojoTech is a growing team of ambitious, authentic, smart, pragmatic people. Our mission is to practice engineering excellence, to foster an enjoyable environment that allows everyone to reach their potential, to work in a sustainable way, and to help our clients succeed.
We design and engineer distributed systems and mobile applications for big, and soon-to-big companies – helping enterprises move faster, and startups build smarter.
Learn more about our culture and comprehensive benefits here.
Learn more about our engineering approach and philosophy here.
MojoTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that will consider all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.