With a passion for organization and a flare for wearing multiple hats, Kate comes to MojoTech with over 10 years of administrative and support experience. With a BFA in sculpture from Massachusetts College of Art & Design, her creative problem solving side has come in handy when faced with a variety of challenges. When she’s not lending a hand or keeping ducks in a row you’ll find Kate planning her family’s next hand-crafted Halloween costumes, or adventuring in the wild with her young son. She also has a cat named Pizza.
Read on to learn more about our newest Mojo!
1. Where’d you get educated and/or what jobs led you to your new job at MojoTech?
I got my BFA in sculpture from Massachusetts College of Art & Design, but I’ve always been kind of a Jane-of-all-trades.
2. Before your life at MojoTech, what was the most interesting project you ever worked on?
Designing and implementing an installation in the lobby of Mass College of Art & Design.
3. Before your life at MojoTech, what was the most challenging project you ever worked on?
Being a mom.
4. Operations Administrators definitely keep the back-end of a business from falling to pieces! What personal characteristics do you feel are necessary to be a stellar Operations Admin?
I’m an organizational whiz and like to ensure that my team has what they need, but strive to inject some fun along the way. I enjoy helping people stay on-track with the small things so that they can focus on their deadlines.
5. Now that you’re at MojoTech, what are you most excited about?
I have to admit I have major dog-envy, so I’m pretty excited about our dog-friendly office.
6. Which professionals do you turn to or what blogs do you read for inspiration?
7. You’ve been banished to a deserted island with—gasp—no wifi, but lots of power outlets. What one piece of technology would you bring?
I dream of being stranded on an island with only my Nook to keep me company.
8. What technology is going to take over the world next?
Kickboxing — sport of the future. And self-driving cars.
9. If you could have a double life, what occupation would you choose?
10. What is your idea of happiness?
Living on a hilltop in Northern California surrounded by animals reading stories to my son.
11. The red pill or the blue pill?
P.S. This is Pizza cat. She has been trained to “sit!” and “fetch!”. Her frenemy is Nachos, the fuzzy, blue mouse toy. She is named Pizza because her small human (Kate’s son) loves pizza and Kate thought naming her “Bitey” might send the wrong message.